Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Services

This past weekend I went to get a pedicure. My toes desperately needed to be painted. While I was sitting in the chair I started to think of all my finals and my marketing final came to mind. Getting my toes painted is a form of a service. Normal when I get my nails done, my hair cut, or eyebrows waxed I do not ever really think about what is actually happening; the service that I am receiving that in turn will make me feel happy once I am all done. Not only that, but as the lady is asking me what color I wanted for my nails, I started to apply my skills from marketing class and realized that was the service encounter. The actual interaction that was being taken place between the wonderful nail lady and myself. It was fun to pick out parts of marketing while sitting in the chair getting the wonderful service of getting a pedicure done to myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment