Saturday, November 13, 2010

B2B (Business to Business) Marketing

A part of business to business marketing is outsourcing. Outsourcing has developed over the years and is becoming more common for companies to use people from different countries to do common in-house task and now do these tasks overseas. A common use is in the company's call centers. When a customer calls a company's toll free number or customer care number often times you are then connected with an operator who is working outside of the United States. I personally experienced when my Dell computer broke. Since Dell does not have a store, customers are forced to call in whenever you have a problem. When I called, I was connected with someone where I could not completely understand all the words that were exchanged and like-wise they could not understand me. In this situation I was not a fan of outsourcing because my phone call, which should have only taken a few minutes, turned into a much longer call due to the communication barrier. Also, when I would have a question they could not answer, they would have to put me on hold and transfer me to someone else to clarify. This turned into a lot of unnecessary hold time. Outsourcing can save costs for a company and often times can be very beneficial, but I think if a company is going to use outsourcing they should look at all their options and make sure that the people in the foreign call centers can understand and communicate English, understands that system of the company, and will be an asset to the company, not cause the customer more confusion and frustration than before they called.

No comments:

Post a Comment